personal injury attorney san fransisco dolan law
Are you searching for a reliable and trustworthy personal injury attorney in San Francisco, CA? Dolan Law Firm, LLP serves individuals and families throughout the Bay Area with their legal needs, including cases involving personal injury. Check out the following page to learn more about the services offered by Dolan Law Firm and how they can help you recover from an injury or accident. If you have been injured or have lost a loved one in an accident, contact Dolan Law Firm today to schedule your free consultation!
The basics of filing a personal injury claim
The foundation of any personal injury claim is to prove that the defendant was negligent in some way. Negligence means more than just making a mistake, it also includes doing something without exercising reasonable care in such a way that caused harm. If you or your loved one has been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. To file a personal injury claim, there are four main steps:
1) document the circumstances of the accident and the details of your injuries; 2) identify the defendants involved in your case and gather all available evidence; 3) consult with an experienced personal injury attorney about what damages you may be entitled to; 4) seek an agreement from defendants for settlement or take your case to court. Dolan Law Firm provides aggressive representation for people who have suffered personal injury in California and throughout the United States. Dolan Law Firm stands ready to help if you need personal injury representation. They offer free consultations and will work with you on a contingency fee basis so there are no upfront costs to hire them.
The first thing to do when you’re looking for a personal injury lawyer is to take the time to research. This way, you’ll be able to find someone with the right expertise and experience for your situation.
Some things you may want to look into are:
-The lawyers on your state’s bar association list of approved attorneys
-Their education and training
-The types of cases they’ve handled in the past and their success rates
Once you’ve found an attorney that seems like a good fit, it’s important that you interview them face-to-face. Some questions you may want to ask include:
- What are your areas of specialty?
- What types of cases have you handled?
- What were the outcomes?
-Do you specialize in any specific areas? If so, what are they?
-How many years of experience do you have practicing law? How long has your firm been open for business?
-Are there any geographic limits to where you will accept clients or lawsuits from? Do I need to live near where the case will be heard by the court (or is video conferencing possible)? What about if I am injured outside of my home state—can I still hire your firm and expect quality representation (no matter which state I’m injured in)?
Once these questions have been answered, it’s time to decide whether this personal injury lawyer is a good fit for your needs.
What to expect during the personal injury claims process
Personal injury claims are governed by the time limits set forth in the California Code of Civil Procedure. If a claimant does not comply with those time limits, he or she will be barred from bringing a lawsuit to court. A personal injury case typically has four main stages: investigation, negotiation, litigation and judgment. The first stage is to conduct an investigation into the incident that resulted in personal injury.
The second stage is to negotiate the settlement of any claim(s) that may have been filed against the alleged wrongdoer. In many cases, it is advantageous for both parties (the injured person and their lawyer) to negotiate outside of court so that if they cannot come to an agreement then they can move on without going through costly litigation. Once any settlement negotiations have been completed, it is time for discovery which occurs during the third stage. The goal of discovery is for each side’s lawyer to collect evidence supporting their client’s case (or defenses). Discovery includes written questions called interrogatories as well as requests for documents or other items like medical records. After discovery has taken place, there comes the fourth stage when either party may request trial which is a formal proceeding before a judge or jury.
After trial proceedings have ended, there is usually one more hearing before judgment where either party may file post-trial motions seeking an order staying execution of any final judgment pending appeal. It should also be noted that personal injury lawyers represent individuals who have suffered physical harm due to another’s negligent act such as car accidents, dog bites, slip and falls at work or injuries sustained while using unsafe products. Personal injury attorneys provide guidance to victims throughout this process in order to help them recover compensation for damages they sustained such as medical bills and lost wages due to missed days at work.
Tips for maximising your personal injury compensation
If you have been injured in an accident caused by another party’s negligence, then you may be able to recover compensation for your losses and damages. There are many ways to maximize the compensation that is available to you. The first step is to determine whether you have a personal injury claim and, if so, what type of personal injury claim it is. For example, a slip-and-fall or auto accident involving another driver can both qualify as a personal injury claim. If this is the case, the next step would be to get legal advice from an experienced personal injury attorney in San Francisco CA as soon as possible. Here are some tips for maximizing your personal injury compensation:
1. Document everything In order to make sure you’re receiving proper medical care, collecting evidence and contacting police, it’s important that you document all injuries incurred following the accident. Make sure to write down how each injury occurred with as much detail as possible. Be sure to document any conversations with emergency personnel and doctors regarding treatments prescribed, x-rays taken or other diagnostic procedures undertaken. Keep any prescriptions filled, receipts or other records related to medical treatment obtained after the accident. Write down exactly when they were filled and where they were obtained. When possible, try to take photos of wounds or other injuries. Take pictures of property damage including before and after photos. Contact law enforcement officials right away if necessary (do not delete anything on your phone until instructed to do so). Anything that could potentially corroborate a personal injury claim should be documented immediately following the incident.
2. Seek out medical attention Immediately It’s vital that you seek out immediate medical attention when injured in a car accident, slip and fall or any other incident in which someone else was negligent. Following these guidelines can help ensure you receive adequate treatment and give you more options for obtaining compensation should you decide to pursue such action against the negligent party responsible for your injury